I am European, my partner is filipina, require a visa or otherwise not ? – Uk Forum

I am European, my partner is filipina, require a visa or otherwise not ? – Uk Forum

My partner and me personally you want to spend some times in London in September

My spouse is filipina, she’s got the residency that is belgian and filipino passport.

We do not find topics that are relevant it, also on embassy web site it is confusing.

Therefore if we travel togheter together with her passport, residency card, wedding and birth certification, DOES SHE WANT TO MAKE AN APPLICATION FOR A VISA OR OTHERWISE NOT ?

You want to prevent the traditions in UK telling us “No, no entry, your spouse requires a visa. “

The visa costs 170EUR here, that’s quite a cost

Many Many Many Thanks ahead of time for the responses or advice

12 replies for this topic

Perhaps you have checked regarding the following internet site?

It seems IF she has an Article 10 Residence card – one specifically marked ““Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen” that she may not need a visa

Needless to say this website was checked by us but :

Are you considering travelling with or visiting either your spouse or even a grouped family member in britain?

That is the concern we do not realize : does it indicate the partner or member of the family (me personally then) has British nationality or european nationality ?

When we answer yes, no need visa.

Then a visa is needed if we reply no

For people you will find different definitions. Im perhaps perhaps maybe not inhabitant of UK, and I also’m belgian, perhaps not english.

Exacltly what the spouse needs is determined by what kind of residence card she’s got. You will find three kinds. Then she only needs a wedding certificate to prove she is married to you (plus a valid passport of course) if she has a residence card issued under Article 10 (with the wording “Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen”) or Article 20 of the Directive (with the wording “Permanent Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen”).

If she’s got a residence card released under Belgian domestic legislation that is perhaps not articles 10 or Article 20 card as above, then she additionally needs to submit an application for an EEA Family allow. There’s absolutely no charge for getting an EEA Family license.

Either in situation, this woman is just eligible to go to great britain if she actually is travelling to you, or you are usually here and this woman is going to fulfill you (and she can show it). Like said, it really is your obligation to test your very own situation, but the conditions for entry are explained here:

Your spouse is travelling you are (presumably) the holder of an EEA country passport with you. The point that is critical – and just it is possible to respond to this – is if the Residence card is within the proper structure by having an explicit mention of Article 10. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/e…

That is plainly shown from the her F card “Residency card of family member of an EU citizen”, so I assume we will avoid to pay for worthless cost. Many Thanks a whole lot for the good and answers that are fast

HI, i’m in the identical situation while you: i am a Belgian, live and work with Belgium, my spouse is Kenyan, she’s an Belgium F card. It appears I guess we need an EEA family permit that it is not an article 10 card, so. This will depend as to how you browse the question regarding the gov.uk web site as mentioned before : are you considering travelling with or visiting either your lover or a relative in the united kingdom? therefore, does which means that i want to reside or act as an Belgium in britain or otherwise not? I just would you like to bring a tourist check out beside me n my spouse to London for X-mas.

The following issue: when we assume the solution of past real question is Yes, as my spouse will join me personally toghetter to carry a brief stop by at UK, so we do need certainly to apply for the EEA family license, totally free, then afther going right through the “apply” link when you look at the phrase “You must apply online through the Visa4UK solution for the EEA family license” with this site: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit THEN we land in some type of cycle with the exact same concern about what kind of visa we have to make an application for also to submit an application for several types of visa’s, however the EEA familypermit is nowhere can be found on https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa no actual choice of EEA at “submit an application for a call or transportation visa” neither on “submit an application for other visas” afther we run the enormeous questionlist, we finished up in make an application for an 6month visa for the charge of 110 euro. Therefore in my experience, it isn’t feasible to try to get an EEA family license in the formal web site. Can anybody assist? Many Thanks

Under many circumstances, your lady will not get a write-up 10 card (or Article 20 card, that is similarly good) until you are “exercising your straight to movement that is free within an EU/EEA country that will be maybe perhaps not your property country (ie perhaps perhaps perhaps not Belgium). If perhaps you were living/working (or had lived/worked) within an EU/EEA country outside Belgium (it mightn’t make a difference which nation) then chances are you could be exercising that right and your spouse could easily get a card under Article 10 and travel to you to the British with out a visa or an EEA Family Permit. She’d just require her very own passport that is national her wedding certification.

For the 2nd concern, unfortuitously, the web system does not permit me to see just what alternatives you might be offered unless we create a dummy account and work out an application that is dummy. My understanding is the fact that there’s two problems:

whenever latvian brides navigating the internet site, it generally does not provide you with any choice to choose “EEA Family allow” until FOLLOWING an account has been created by you.

2) also once you’ve produced a free account, it’s not apparent which alternatives you must make through the various drop-down containers to achieve the choice for “EEA Family Permit”. From memory, in my opinion (but just think, because we can;t note that part of your website) you need to pick from the boxes the following answers in brackets:


VISA TYPE: EEA/Swiss Family user

VISA SUB-TYPE: Family person in an EEA National

The internet site wizard should then make suggestions through all of those other process without any indicator you need to spend a charge.

We queried this not enough clarity/guidance utilizing the office at home recently, and received an answer which they “will observe your feedback with British Visas and Immigration (UKVI) which can be the main office at home, and will make use of them to help make the content better if necessary” as well as a closing solution for my enquiry.

Edited: 3:53 pm, 29, 2018 october